Tendency

After spending some time in res or at least close to it, I think I have figured a few things out about my character.

The main thing that I have figured out is that I have a very defined personality which is actually pretty obvious now that I think about it. I am fairly introverted, and not really that emotional. I have various other tendencies, but for some reason I always felt that I rose above whatever you could observe of me and that for some reason that made me special.

What I realize now is that I am just like everybody else and can easily be predicted, except of course for the one piece of my personality that I think makes up for it. I have a tendency to force myself to do what isn't inline with my personality. Give me any chance to do something completely different than what you expect, and I that is what I will do. This however becomes redundant since I will end up doing exactly what you least expect me to do, making it much less unexpected.

What this results in is that you should always be on your toes about what I'm going to be up to next.

There is one catch to this however. If I am faced with stress, or am uncomfortable with the situation, I won't have the will power to do the different thing; to do what isn't expected of me. I will fall inline with what I feel comfortable with and that is what I will do.

Kyler

3 comments:

Mory said...

I guess that explains what it is about my blog that you relate to. I'd be curious to hear a story of how this personality trait manifests.

Kyler said...

It manifests itself quite strongly when I play chess. I'm not particularly good at playing chess as a chess master: looking lots of moves ahead and protecting my pieces. I end up sacrificing pieces doing ridiculous things that I think the chess masters hadn't considered since they are mostly stupid moves. I can't say that it is a good strategy, but
I don't lose all the time.

Frood Bird said...

hmm...
i think we all think we're so unique and unpredictable until a close (or not even that close) friend knows exactly what we're going to say!
also, you get a much richer experience if you force yourself to do something you normally wouldn't.
(yes, i still read your blog like a regular stalker!)